We are aware of the importance of human resources, as human capital lies at the centre of most businesses. Strelia’s Employment and Benefits practice deals with all legal aspects of “people and reward”.
We are recognised as trusted business partners who are used to handling highly sensitive, complex, and board-level strategic issues. We provide clarity and practical strategies to help our clients to make HR and operational decisions. Thanks to the decades of expertise and experience possessed by our lawyers, we offer our clients bespoke, pragmatic, and creative legal advice and solutions for both contentious and non-contentious HR matters.
Our Employment & Benefits lawyers assist clients the following types of matters:
- Termination of individual employment contracts with a special focus on protected employees and senior executives,
- Corporate restructuring operations (including collective dismissal), closure of a plant, transfer of undertakings, outsourcing, including all legal and administrative formalities relating to these decisions, such as drafting social plans, contacting public authorities, etc.,
- All employment litigation, including all types of actions before labour courts, such as actions relating to severance pay, discrimination, the #metoo movement,
- Social audits,
- Setting up short- and long-term incentive plans, which is done together with our Tax Department,
- Negotiations with Social Security and Tax Authorities on settlements and rulings before or during litigation, including matters such as warrants and stock option plans,
- Drafting collective labour agreements in the event of soft restructurings, such as agreements on changes to working conditions, work flexibility, etc.
Our Employment & Benefits lawyers collaborate with their M&A colleagues and Restructuring colleagues for matters in their branch of law.
Our clients include national businesses and leading multinationals from various industries, including banking and finance, construction, consumer goods, ICT, pharmaceutical, chemical, entertainment, professional services, retail, and FMCG.
Related insightsMore insights
- Coronavirus update: quelles sont les mesures dont peuvent bénéficier les employeurs suite à l’épidémie de covid-19 ?
- Strelia ranked in Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2020
- Strelia Newsflash January 2018 - New tax efficient profit share system in Belgium
- Strelia wins Best Belgian Law Firm award at the Trophées du Droit 2018 in Paris
- Cecilia Lahaye joins Strelia as Counsel and strengthens the Employment and Benefits practice