Our tax team, which has more than 20 years of experience in the tax field in advising national and international clients, covers most areas of tax law, with a specific focus on tax rulings, M&A and corporate restructuring, international tax planning, real estate transactions, and tax litigation. Our small but efficient tax team also provides supports to our clients’ corporate and M&A transactions.
Our areas of expertise in tax are as follows:
- M&A and Corporate Restructuring: together with our corporate team, we handle all types of restructuring, from mergers and demergers to financing structures.
- Ruling Practice: over the years, we have developed a trust relationship with the ruling committee. This allows us to schedule meetings with them and obtain decisions from them with minimal delays, which is praised by our clients.
- Domestic & International Tax Planning: Belgium’s geography allows it to enjoy a range of favourable tax benefits as well as an extensive tax treaty network, making it an attractive jurisdiction for tax planning. Thanks to our tax lawyers’ international tax knowledge and their contacts with foreign tax professionals, they can help our clients to determine the tax opportunities available in Belgium and abroad.
- Real Estate Tax: our team has excellent knowledge in real estate, which enables us to assist clients in structuring their real estate transactions and to ensure that tax treatment is optimized from a cross-disciplinary perspective (i.e., registration duties, VAT, and direct taxation).
- Tax Litigation: our tax team’s focus in tax litigation is to obtain negotiated arrangements with the tax administration, including the Belgian Special Tax Force (Inspection Spéciale des Impôts/Bijzondere Belastingsinspectie), that meet the needs of our clients. Nevertheless, they also represent our clients in their tax disputes throughout all stages of tax litigation (in both administrative and judicial proceedings). They assist our clients in close cooperation with our litigation team.
Related insightsMore insights
- WEBINAR : SOPARFI LUXEMBOURGEOISES : Opportunités et menaces - with Jean-Luc Dascotte - 24 mars 2021
- Webinar: Innovation and technology – Best practices from international law firms
- Projet de loi concernant le budget de l’Etat pour l’exercice 2021 : les modifications fiscales à venir
- Strelia welcomes 3 new partners in its Brussels and Luxembourg offices (EN-FR-NL)
- Strelia wins Best Belgian Law Firm award at the Trophées du Droit 2018 in Paris